About Me

My photo
Author of queer, wry sci fi/fantasy books. On Amazon.
Editor of all fiction genres.

Wednesday 8 May 2019

The Hit List: Sugar Scams, 8.5

 This week, I managed to get confused about my schedule...and put my actual detailed posts up for all the weeks following this, but not, per se, today. So I just have a quick post - a list of all the fake sugar daddy profiles I've run into. Since then, my list has grown, and many have been banned from Twitter. But it never hurts to know what you're up against, especially with a rogue's gallery like this.





















I haven't chatted with every single one of these guys, but looking at the tweets on their profiles often indicated that they were, in fact, the same copy/paste templates used by the scam accounts.

The fact that this list isn't exhaustive also suggests the sheer scale of the problem with online fraud.

And finally, if anyone feels like actually gracing my account with a tip after reading this series, here is my real Paypal.me and my Ko-fi.

***
Michelle Browne is a sci fi/fantasy writer and editor. She lives in Lethbridge, AB with her partner-in-crime and Max the cat. Her days revolve around freelance editing, knitting, jewelry, and learning too much. She is currently working on other people's manuscripts, the next books in her series, and drinking as much tea as humanly possible.

Find her all over the internet: * 
OG Blog * Mailing list * Magpie Editing * 
Amazon * Medium * Twitter * Instagram * Facebook * Tumblr * Paypal.me * Ko-fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, be excellent unto others, and don't be a dick.

Google+